Sharon Sobers is a certified specialist in Labor and Employment Law, and has been practicing employment law for over 20 years. She has won several federal jury trials in cases involving FMLA, ADA, and Title VII (sexual harassment). She has argued in the Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals and in the Ohio Appellate Courts.
More about Sharon
Sharon's practice has included representing Plaintiff and Defendant employers on issues ranging from the conditional certification of FLSA class action, to commission payments, drug testing, wage/hour audits, prevailing wage claims, and development of handbook policies.
Admitted to Practice
- State of Ohio, 1985
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Ohio, 1986
- U.S. Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals, 1995
Areas of Concentration
- Employment Law and Commercial Litigation
- Ohio Northern University, B.A. (with high distinction)
- University of Cincinnati, M.A.
- University of Cincinnati, PhD
- University of Cincinnati College of Law, Juris Doctor
For several years Ms. Sobers co-edited The Supplement to Litigating Wrongful Discharge Claims, a three-volume summary of employment law from the plaintiffs’ perspective, published by West Group, a Thompson Company.
During her career Ms. Sobers has spoken at the mid-winter labor law section of the American Bar Association, the Ohio Employment Lawyers Association, the Cincinnati Bar Association, and made other seminar-type presentations. She has presented on a variety of topics including restrictive covenants, ethics, FMLA, mandatory arbitration, practice in the Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals, sexual harassment, and current changes in the employment law.
Other Professional Experience
Before joining SSP, Ms. Sobers practiced employment law at Tobias, Kraus, & Torchia in Cincinnati for 14 years. She has also worked for two years as a law clerk for an administrative law judge in the Cincinnati Office of the U.S. Department of Labor.
- National Employment Lawyers Associations (NELA)
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Ohio Employment Lawyers Association
- Cincinnati Bar Association
- Cincinnati Employment Lawyers Association
- Christian Legal Society